DOG FRIENDLY HOLIDAY COTTAGES IN YORKSHIRE
Looking after our furry friends
As dog owners we know that trying to book kennels for your four legged friend whilst you go away on your holiday does add extra costs. That is why we have a number of dog friendly self catering cottages that allow you and your canine friend the perfect self catering holiday break. Yorkshire is the ideal place to take your dog on holiday – big beaches, open countryside and forest walks are all close to our holiday cottages. We ask that you bring your own dog bed and that you are respectful of other guests and please clean up after your dog.
A few basic rules for our dog friendly holiday cottages
- On a lead at all times when outside in the grounds
- Off the furniture and out of the bedrooms when inside
- Never left alone
- Clean up as you go
- Thats it!
Have a look at the cottages that we have on offer for you and your canine friend.
Where to take your dog
If you are looking for dog walking inspiration on your visit to the Yorkshire Coast – have a look at this link on the Welcome to Yorkshire site. Some of the local beaches, whilst always allowing dog walking, restrict where you can walk your dog during the high season. Please have a look at the list below…
- Cayton Bay – There is no restriction on this beach for dogs.
- Filey – Please click here to see a map of the dog prohibitied area in Filey.
- Hunmanby Gap – There is no restriction on this beach for dogs.
- Sandsend – The beach from the steps below the public conveniences below Sandhills to the slipway at the southern end of Bank Bottom Car Park
- Scarborough – Please click here to see a map of the dog prohibitied area in Scarborough.
- Whitby – Please click here to see a map of the dog prohibitied area in Whitby.
In land you can take your dog for a walk up on the North Yorkshire Moors, closer to our cottages you can go to Dalby Forest, where your dog can run off the lead (but under control).
Why not try a short walk out to Thomason Foss and link that up with walking to Myllan Spout (the highest water fall in the North Yorkshire Moors), just out side of Goathland?
The Talbot Yard is a part of Malton in North Yorkshire's food revolution. With 6 artisan food producers situated in one courtyard (a former coaching court yard) with easy access to the rest of Malton, you are spoilt for choice - more so as its all made and prepared...
The route of the Tour de Yorkshire cycling road race has been announced. With Stage One of le Tour starting on Thursday the 30th of April 2020 in Beverley and finishing 176km away in Redcar in the far north of the county. The route will take competitors along the...
Nearby Flamingo Land theme park has teased visitors to its Facebook page with a photograph of its latest roller coaster that is currently under construction. The yet to be named ride, is planned to open for the start of the 2020 season at the popular North Yorkshire...