DO OUR BIT
Our new home and holiday cottages are a bit old, so not as eco-friendly as we’d like – though we’re sure big thick walls will help! Every little bit helps though, and when we do offer our self catering cottages for you to stay in we want to do as much as we can for the environment – and we will need your help too. We are by no means perfect but we will be trying our very best to reduce our environmental impact by following the principle of REDUCE – REUSE – RECYCLE, wherever possible.
As a minimum we will:-
- Use low energy light bulbs
- Use local labour and contractors for maintenance and repairs
- Source our energy from sustainable sources – wind, hydro, biomass, etc
- Make recycling waste made easier with bin sorters in kitchen
- Use Fair-trade and eco-friendly cleaning products
- Use refillable bottles wherever possible
- Provide info for cycling, walking, surfing, and other local outdoor activties.
- Encourage guests to use local facilities and attractions
- Provide welcome hampers of local and home made produce to encourage guests to do likewise during their stay.
- Provide info on farmers markets and local suppliers – Malton Farmer’s Market, buying from the pier in Scarborough.
- Put some of the gardens to meadow to provide shelter for wildlife and help mitigate CO2 emissions
- Supply a diary for guests to record sightings of wildlife, birds, animals or plants and appearances in the night sky
- Log fires fuelled by locally cut trees
- Try to create as sustainable and low impact an environment as possible.
The Talbot Yard is a part of Malton in North Yorkshire's food revolution. With 6 artisan food producers situated in one courtyard (a former coaching court yard) with easy access to the rest of Malton, you are spoilt for choice - more so as its all made and prepared...
The route of the Tour de Yorkshire cycling road race has been announced. With Stage One of le Tour starting on Thursday the 30th of April 2020 in Beverley and finishing 176km away in Redcar in the far north of the county. The route will take competitors along the...
Nearby Flamingo Land theme park has teased visitors to its Facebook page with a photograph of its latest roller coaster that is currently under construction. The yet to be named ride, is planned to open for the start of the 2020 season at the popular North Yorkshire...