The Data Controller for this website is “The 1750 Partnership” trading as “Cliff House Holiday Cottages”.
The purpose of this statement is to inform users of the site about what personal information (“Data”) is collected, stored when they visit the site and why, how this information is used, if it is disclosed, how long it is retained, user’s rights and the ways in which we protect users’ privacy.
Any Data collected will be held securely and in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulations 2016/679 (“GDPR”) as is necessary for the performance of a contract, i.e. build a web site or in order to comply with a legal obligation.
New and existing customers may receive marketing information from us relating only to our products, service and promotions for the purposes of our legitimate business interests. However, those customers wishing to opt out of such communications will be given an opportunity to do so on each occasion that such a contact is made.
The personal data we collect and use
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you, which we group together under different headings, as follows:
- Identity Data includes your title, first name, last name, age group and any special requirements.
- Contact Data includes your home address, email address, phone number and mobile number.
- Financial Data includes your bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased.
- Technical Data includes your internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes purchases or orders made by you, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing/Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We also collect, use and share data which has been aggregated (Aggregated Data), such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific feature of our website. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we will treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not collect any special categories of personal data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Data will not normally be disclosed to third parties. However, we may need to disclose Data to a third party so that they can provide a service, or fulfil a request for information. Any personal information that we pass to a third party will be held securely by that party, in accordance with GDPR and used only to provide the services or information requested.
Users have the following rights relating to the lawful processing of their Data:
A copy of any Data currently held
- Withdrawal of Consent to Process Specific Data when consent has been required
- Right to have an error in the Data corrected
- Right to have the Data erased subject to certain conditions
- Right to object to the processing of Data in particular circumstances
- Right not to be evaluated on the basis of automated processing
If you wish to exercise any of the rights referred to above you must contact us.
“The 1750 Partnership” trading as “Cliff House Holiday Cottages” must comply with your request, if it is able to do so, within 1 month of the request being received. The information will be supplied free of charge unless the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, particularly if it is repetitive.
You also have the right to take any grievance relating to Data Protection to the Information Commissioners Office.
Linking to other sites from our website
Our website contains links to other sites, which are not managed by “The 1750 Partnership” trading as “Cliff House Holiday Cottages”.
“The 1750 Partnership” trading as “Cliff House Holiday Cottages” is not responsible for the privacy practices within any of these other sites. Users should be aware of this when leaving our site and we would encourage users to read the privacy statements on other sites visited.
Changes to this policy
FROM THE BLOG
Did you know today is National Gumdrop day in the USA ? (what ever next ?) Still it’s a good excuse to pop out to the fabulous Helmsley Traditional Sweet Shop - https://www.helmsleysweets.co.uk/ They sell sweets the old-fashioned way, straight from big jars into paper...
Looking for a reason to stay one of our 5 self catering holiday cottages on the edge of the North York Moors National Park and just 20 minutes from the beaches of Yorkshire? Look no further.... 1. Cliff House is fun Not only do we have an indoor heated pool, we also...
THE RESULTS ARE IN AND WE ARE "AWARD WINNING"! With less than a year under our belts at Cliff House Holiday Cottages, we have a picked up a number of awards from online travel agents such as Booking.com and AirBnB. All of these awards are based on genuine guest...