USE OF THE INDOOR HEATED POOL
UPDATED : 15/07/2021
We all hate rules, but for some areas we need some rules and guidance to ensure that we are respectful of others and to ensure that everyone has an enjoyable time (and it keeps our insurers happy). So here are our detailed rules for the use of our indoor heated swimming pool.
- For safety reasons, please ensure that the door to the pool is locked immediately after use. (Check everyone is out first though!)
- Each cottage has its own dedicated pool key. This key is not transferable (except between adults in the same cottage) and must not be used by anyone under 16 years of age.
- The pool is unsupervised and guests swim at their own risk. No lone swimming. Children under 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult AT ALL TIMES.
- Maximum of 8 people in the pool at all times.
- The pool is for the exclusive use of guests staying at Cliff House.
- Please observe the pool opening hours, 8am to 8pm. The pool building is closed on Wednesday mornings for maintenance.
- Strictly no outdoor shoes in the pool hall.
- Please shower and remove all jewellery before using the pool.
- No LARGE inflatable toys, snorkels, flippers or masks to be taken into the pool hall.
- No Smoking, glass, food, drink or alcohol to be taken into the pool hall.
- Be especially careful if you have a medical condition such as epilepsy, asthma, diabetes or heart problems.
- Infants MUST wear aqua nappies — if your child has an accident, the pool must be evacuated immediately, and the owners must be informed.
- We accept no liability for any illness or injury caused by the use of the facilities or loss or damage to property or valuables of any guest whilst using the facilities.
- We cannot be held responsible for the breakdown of mechanical equipment such as pumps, boilers or filtration systems. The pool may be closed for essential maintenance without prior notice. No compensation will be paid in these circumstances.
- Government guidance on the use of pools may change, and we may have to act accordingly. This may result in the closure of the pool. No compensation will be paid in these circumstances.
- Any faults/problems should be reported to the owners immediately.
- No Bombing
- No petting (if you remember the pools signs from the 80’s) 🙂
We reserve the right to refuse entry to the ENTIRE party if these conditions are not observed and no refunds will be given.
Holiday Inspiration for Solo Travellers
Holiday Inspiration for Solo Travellers Ryedale has been voted on of the best places for the solo traveller to visit. Here’s our holiday inspiration of things to as solo traveller when visiting Ryedale (and of course staying with us at Cliff House Holiday Cottages!)...
Kids go free in 2023 on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway!
New Unlimited Annual Pass New for 2023 the North Yorkshire Moors Railway has introduced an Unlimited Annual pass for travel on their services for just £40. This means that holders can return to travel on timetabled standard services at any time for a 12 month period...
Things to do in the Great Yorkshire Forest
You may have seen our "back garden" on TV recently in the "Secret Life of the Forest" on Channel 5. To say that the Great Yorkshire Forest is our back garden isn't an over statement. Turn right as you leave our cottages and in just over a mile you are in the back of...